Re: [Shop-talk] Dish Network vs Direct TV

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dish Network vs Direct TV
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:43:50 -0400
We've had both. IME they are about the same. If we get a really bad
thunderstorm we might lose the signal for the duration of the bad weather.

We had Dish for many years. Then we decided to put a TV in a spare bedroom.
Both companies were advertising 3 rooms free. So I called Dish to ask for an
extra converter box for the third TV. They insisted the promotion was only
for new customers. I reminded them I was a loyal customer with a perfect
payment history for many years but they wouldn't budge. Actually I called a
few times over the course of a few weeks but got the same answer each time.

I called Direct and took them up on the 3 rooms free.

I then called Dish to cancel and suddenly they ready to talk. But I told
them it was too late - they had their chance...

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell