Re: [Shop-talk] Dish Network vs Direct TV

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dish Network vs Direct TV
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Tim wrote:
> I have a spot for the dish on my house that is protected from the
> elements pretty well so I don't think I will have to worry about heavy
> rain or snow affecting the dish surface as much.

    I believe you will.  I had DirecTV for about 8 years, and virtually all
electrical storms will negatively effect your signal, to the point of
being unable to watch TV.  Heavy snow and rain, likewise.  If you like to
watch TV on beautiful sunny days, though, it's great.  My dish was also
protected.  It's not the collection of anything on the dish that causes
the signal problems, it's the interference in the air.  I also had DirecTV
( now Hughes ) internet service for a while, on a separate, unprotected,
dish.  That was actually a little better than the TV, but thunderstorms
still knocked it out reliably.

--
  David Hillman

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html