[Shop-talk] Running power to the shop

Subject: [Shop-talk] Running power to the shop
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:57:08 -0500 (EST)
On the thought of two meters.....

We bought a house that at one point had been converted to a two flat and
then back before we bought it. Whe the initial conversion to a two flat
was done, a seperate meter was put in for the electrical only and not
removed when converted back to a single family house. Becuase I have two
meters, I get two bills each month, and thus two monthly "customer
charges" of around $10 per meter. It would cost me close to $2000 (two
different bids) to change the service back to one meter so I would most
likely not recoup that cost from the saved monthly customer charge.

Something to consider when thinking about a seperate service to a shop
or garage.

Tim