[Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift

Subject: [Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:39:38 -0400
Where are you located?  Here is why...

You could have the lift delivered to a local freight center, then you can
pick it up there with a rental truck (or buddy's trailer.)

Or, you can deliver it directly to the buddy's house and they can load it
from their truck right on to the trailer.  (if you are near Jersey, I'll
do it for gas money)

When I had mine delivered, the truck pulled into the driveway.  I used a
chain to pick it up from the bed of the truck with a backhoe, and the
truck drove out from under it.  It was super easy and fast.

Just an idea.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

John Innis <jdinnis at gmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
03/19/2012 19:32

shop-talk List <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift

Ok gang, I am way short on garage space and I am considering buying a
4-post storage/service lift to ease the congestion.  My biggest concern is
how to deal with getting the lift shipped to the house.  Most of the lifts
I have looked at state that they are too large/heavy for a liftgate.  To
complicate matters there is no way to get a semi-truck to the house.  I
know a medium sized straight truck can make the turn around, but that is
about as big as I can accommodate.  Anyone have any experience with this?
Options?

=================================
= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive