[Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift

Subject: [Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift
From: jem at milleredp.com (John Miller)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:42:32 -0700
> When I had mine delivered, the truck pulled into the driveway.  I used a
> chain to pick it up from the bed of the truck with a backhoe, and the
> truck drove out from under it.  It was super easy and fast.

Mine's a Bend-Pak HD-9ST and it was just under 2000lb crated, something
like 2x3x17ft.

I picked up mine at the freight dock, they put it on a flatbed trailer
for me.  It was bolted up to steel frames at either end that allowed -
indeed, required - it to be forklifted from the end (given a suitably
large forklift...)

Walked it off the trailer with a floor jack and my engine hoist.  Had a
little help uncrating:

http://www.milleredp.com/~jem/image/misc/DSCN4828.JPG

John.