[Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift

Subject: [Shop-talk] Question about logistics shipping a four post lift
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (Eric J Russell)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:56:55 -0400
You will kick yourself for not buying the lift sooner.

I had a friend with a roll-back truck pick mine up from a local distributor.
They loaded it with a fork lift then we skidded it off. If it hadn't been so
close to dinner time it would have been even easier to take it off piece by
piece (but not quicker). A friend picked up his from a local freight dock
with a car trailer. Then a bunch of us helped unload & erect it. Took about
3/4 day for 6 guys - none of whom had done one before.

If you don't have a friend with a roll-back truck or a car trailer consider
a rental truck to pick it up from a freight dock. They should be able to
load it. Then take it out piece by piece.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell