Re: [Shop-talk] Music in the Shop

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Music in the Shop
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 21:38:08 -0500
I would simply find a line-out on the receiver and attach an FM stereo
transmitter, like you'd use for the car, or like a Ramsey Electronics
FM-25B. I currently use a little frequency-agile Belkin that I popped open,
disconnected the 3-inch wire it was using as an antenna, and attached in
its place a 30 inch wire. It covers much more than just the homestead now,
though not so much that it would catch anyone's attention.

DirecTV's music is now mostly XM channels - if you have a separate
XM/Sirius satellite subscription, it likely includes internet streaming, so
a computer (or your phone) in the shop could stream the audio without tying
up your single receiver.

-Peter