Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:09:54 -0400 03/16/2016 11:09:56, Serialize complete at 03/16/2016 11:09:56
--===============8015895992504463156==

--=_alternative 00560D8085257F78_=

To answer Jim's questions...

1-What did you do about permitter insulation on the slab?   Foam board and
then wood.

2-How accurate is the IR camera?  VERY!
3-Can you actually see the outline of the pipes?  Yes, the only problem is
if the floor is fully warm like on a summer day.  If I wait until it cools
(night) and use the camera, the pipes are clear as day.  I'll see if I
have an image to upload.

4-Do you know if the ones that attach to smart phones will also do the
trick?  I doubt it.  The expense with the IR cameras is the IR density and
resolution.  It's definitely a case of 'get what you pay for.'  The
cheaper the camera, the less res.
With that said, dedicated cameras have settings to fine tune the resulting
images.  I'm not well versed in it, but someone that know what they are
doing can make much better images.

I got the FLIR E4...
http://www.flir.com/instruments/display/?id=61194

If you want to use it, let me know.  Eastern LI isn't an impossible drive.
 8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 00560D8085257F78_=

the only problem is if the floor is fully warm like on a summer day. &nbsp;If
I wait until it cools (night) and use the camera, the pipes are clear as
day. &nbsp;I'll see if I have an image to upload.</font>
will also do the trick? &nbsp;I doubt it. &nbsp;The expense with the IR
cameras is the IR density and resolution. &nbsp;It's definitely a case
of 'get what you pay for.' &nbsp;The cheaper the camera, the less res.</font>
tune the resulting images. &nbsp;I'm not well versed in it, but someone
that know what they are doing can make much better images.</font>
color=blue
face="sans-serif">http://www.flir.com/instruments/display/?id=61194</font></a>
&nbsp;Eastern LI isn't an impossible drive. &nbsp;8&gt;)<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

--===============8015895992504463156==--