Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Radiant heat for garage
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:02:34 -0400
I have a flir-one for my Android phone.  It is quite impressive for
$250.  OK, I'm sure it's not as good as Eric's fancy one, and if he
brings his over for free, it certainly can't compete with that!  The
Flir-one has two cameras, the thermal one and a regular one.  It
merges the two images together which can be very useful in
determining what you are looking at.  It is a lot clearer than just
blobs of colors without reference.  I have attached a picture of a
wall, and you can clearly see where the studs are.  You can also see
some very cold spots toward the bottom.  I'm sure the temperature
difference will be much greater with hot pipes.  This isn't the most
impressive picture as a demo, but it is the closest I have to the
sort of thing you want to do.  For a tool junkie like me, without a
good rational argument for needing one of these things, the Flir-one
gives me a lot of functionality for $250.    The thousand dollar
cameras are impressive, but for my use I couldn't justify the money.

OK, so shop-talk doesn't seem to want to let me attach this
photo.  I'll send this without attachment for now.

-Steve T.