Re: [Shop-talk] falling headliner fix?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] falling headliner fix?
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 19:02:48 -0700
 > Moral to the story: if you're a passable wrench, and you have
> self-service junkyards nearby, and you can't find someone to do a
> recover locally at a decent price, depending on the age of the vehicle
> replacement may be an option too.

Further consideration: had I been more than a passable wrench at the
time I'd probably still have the car.

It was an automatic, and the ZF 4HP18 slushbox was shaky and unpleasant
(by my standards) and rumored to be unreliable.

Ours never blew up, and I donated the car at just short of 200K, but
it's one of probably three cars I've ever disposed of (the other being a
99EMS) that - in the sense that I then regarded a manual-transmission
swap as beyond the pale, but would not fear it now - I regret parting with.

John.