Re: [Shop-talk] Question to ponder- When someone brings their vehicle to

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question to ponder- When someone brings their vehicle to your garage, do you do the work or do you let them do it?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 13:00:25 -0400 09/20/2018 01:00:36 PM, Serialize complete at 09/20/2018 01:00:36 PM
--===============8321119409748268467==

--=_alternative 005D6B278525830E_=

Pat asked if I charge for my shop...

I don't charge, nor do I expect anything in return (I don't even drink so
no one needs to bring beer.)

Most of the time, we go out for dinner afterwards and they buy.  That is
way more than I expect.

Also note, I'm not a master mechanic or anything.  So it's not like I have
Yoda-like experience to teach to young students.

Most people actually prefer me to do the work, which is why I never
thought about it until I one of my buddies brought it up.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 005D6B278525830E_=

in return (I don't even drink so no one needs to bring beer.)</font>
afterwards and they buy. &nbsp;That is way more than I expect.</font>
or anything. &nbsp;So it's not like I have Yoda-like experience to teach
to young students.</font>
the work, which is why I never thought about it until I one of my buddies
brought it up.</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============8321119409748268467==--