Re: Starter Solenoid.....How to test

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Starter Solenoid.....How to test
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:41:37 -0500
At 03:53 AM 3/30/98 -0800, Chris Prugh wrote:

>       So...to cut this to the chase...how do you know when a solenoid is going
out?

Refer to your own story...sounds as if your solenoid is getting tired. It
has given you a fair warning.

>What else should I have checked?

Assuming you were thorough in checking the battery, starter solenoid, and
starter connections, no.   Did you get the Sol wet when you washed the car?

Obtain a spare now, carry it in the car ... and you will guarantee that
your present one will last forever. If you don't, it will fail tomorrow,
and far from home.  [Better park on TOP of the Morgan Hill your town was
named for!   :) ]

> Is there anything better than a nice long Spring
>time drive with the sounds of Opening Day on your radio?

NO!! Except my Spit doesn't have a radio yet.   (That's what I'm doing
today:   repainting my gloveboxes and fabricating a driver's side speaker
mount, so I can have STEREO.)

>Gotta go...thanks in advance

Me too./

>Chris Prugh
>72 Spitfar
>Morgan Hill, CA

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO (On the road and LOVING it!)

Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the speed limits?"