Re: Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner

To: robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com
Subject: Re: Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:46:40 -0500
Hi,

Congrats on the new addition, Im sure it will bring you years of fun.

<smaller><smaller><<FLAME ON>

</smaller></smaller>That is if you DONT do any goofy things to it like
put a V-6 in it, how about just making it.....  say a Triumph Spitfire.
Not a show car, not a strip car, just a plain ole Spitfire.......

There are plenty of performance items that you can add and do to it to
get the rubber flying without going GEARHEAD NUTS on the poor thing..

<smaller><smaller><<FLAME OFF>

</smaller></smaller>Anyway, good luck on whatever you plan to do with it.
 Im sure you will love it all the same. Have fun

Stay Cool

At 04:35 PM 8/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Good Afternoon :)

>Just wanted to say hello, as I am a new member of your list.  This
past

>Sunday, I bought a 1972 Spitfire Mk IV as a project car, and wanted to
get

>on a list where I can get information etc on common pitfalls, and the
like.

>Can anyone tell me where a good place to start is?  The car is in very
good

>shape for it's age, the sheetmetal is all straight with no rust-out
spots,

>some surface rust, but the engine needs to be rebuild.  Plan on this

>weekend taking about 100 polaroid pictures of everything to document
how

>the car is supposed to be put together so when the time comes to
reassemble

>it, we will have point of reference to look back on.

>I have to say I am somewhat torn, however.  In the spirit of the car, I
am

>inclined to restore it back to factory condition.  On the other hand,

>already own a show car, and have been seriously thinking about making
this

>car another show car.  Does anyone have any information on engine
swaps

>for, say, small V6's?

>Hope to hear from you all soon,

>Bob Perciaccante

NA Campiglia III

Abilene, TX

http://camalott.com/~spitdrvr

'67 MkIII, '74 1500, '76 1500

Triumphs and Homebrew, what else could you want?