Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner
From: robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:35:11 -0400
Good Afternoon :)

Just wanted to say hello, as I am a new member of your list.  This past
Sunday, I bought a 1972 Spitfire Mk IV as a project car, and wanted to get
on a list where I can get information etc on common pitfalls, and the like.

Can anyone tell me where a good place to start is?  The car is in very good
shape for it's age, the sheetmetal is all straight with no rust-out spots,
some surface rust, but the engine needs to be rebuild.  Plan on this
weekend taking about 100 polaroid pictures of everything to document how
the car is supposed to be put together so when the time comes to reassemble
it, we will have point of reference to look back on.

I have to say I am somewhat torn, however.  In the spirit of the car, I am
inclined to restore it back to factory condition.  On the other hand, I
already own a show car, and have been seriously thinking about making this
car another show car.  Does anyone have any information on engine swaps
for, say, small V6's?

Hope to hear from you all soon,
Bob Perciaccante