Re: Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner

To: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Subject: Re: Greetings from a new 1972 Spitfire Mk IV owner
From: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:52:40 -0500
Sorry you feel that way...

FWIW,  My 74' 1500cc has round about 105,000 since rebuild.  The last time
I checked the compression all was fine (144psi).  Cant say it was an
isolated case either, my Dads and 2 Uncles all are in the low 90,000 mile
range.  Maybe it was the way I was brought up or somthing.....

Guess Im just a Triumph Purest....

Just me....  Playing Nice

At 08:11 PM 8/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Don't be so flamboyant.  If I wasn't doing the V8 conversion to my spit
the frame would have collapsed within a year.  Some cars are pretty easy to
restore to original condition; others are
>sometimes best left to be parts for others.  With what I'm doing to my
spit, I've resurected a car and hopefully made it even better.

>There are lots of reasons for wanting to replace the engine in a spit.  I
think the engine in a mark IV is better, but the 1500s really need a bit of
a rebuild every 50,000 miles or so.
>Play nice.

NA Campiglia III
Abilene, TX
http://camalott.com/~spitdrvr
'67 MkIII, '74 1500, '76 1500
Triumphs and Homebrew, what else could you want?