RE: spitfire ignition timing

To: "'Ryan Smith'" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: spitfire ignition timing
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GCICT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:59:18 -0400
I had this same question a few month back. Is the 2 ATDC with or without
the vacuum line connected.
I fiddled with this on my '75, and I got the following results:
If I set the timing to 2 ATDC WITHOUT the vacuum line connected, when I
reconnect the vacuum line, the timing goes back to approx. 10 BTDC. This
is how I'm currently running.
If I set the timing to 2 ATDC WITH the vacuum line connected, the car
runs like s***. I don't know if the way I'm running the car is the
correct way, but it runs great, AND passes the emissions here in
Connecticut.

Glenn Bowley
Mansfield, Connecticut
'75 Spit 1500 (FM30644U)