Re: Failing overdrive

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Failing overdrive
From: Michael Thomas <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 19:37:47 -0400
Well, I was just under my car all day today, and it was definitely low
transmission oil that was causing my overdrive to fail (thanks for
setting me straight, Patrick!).  Although there has not been any
puddles, there is a bit of spray on most of the frame -- so I wouldn't
have noticed the leak without being under the car.  I guess I should
have purchased some oil seals when I took apart the overdrive the last
time.  I guess it is a good way to keep the frame from rusting (won't
win any awards though).

On a happy note, my solenoid repair seems to be holding...

Mike.