Re: Failing overdrive

To: Michael Thomas <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>,
Subject: Re: Failing overdrive
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:32:08
Mike, I have had a problems with my Overdrive, I am not sure exactly what
yours is doing.  But, my problems were with the O/D switch not the
solenoid.  I would flip the switch and it would take 1 to 2 seconds to
activate.  This was due to the design and corrosion on my switch.  The
switch is a barrel roller that is pushed by a spring into to contacts.  If
there is too much corrosion or something is not sitting right I will not
engage or will take a couple of moments.  It is easy to repair.  If your
interested I will tell you all about it.

Patrick Bowen