Re: vacuum line needed

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: vacuum line needed
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:30:29 -0400
At 07:42 AM 8/17/98 +0000, James wrote:
>I have got the propper hard hose new from my local moterist center
>before.  The ones you get on the Spitfires apper on most brittish car's
>I have seen.  I tryed replaceing my vacume hose on my Metro with a
>rubber one, it didn't run the same or as good as with the old hard
>plastic one (untill it snapped).

Interesting.   The rubber vacuum line on my Spit had been installed by the
DPO, and I replaced it just for General Procedure during my restoration
(again, because the long plastic line in question was not available).

My car runs fine.

Remember that the old hose or sleeves are stretched from heat and age,
that's why they leak to begin with. Replacements look MUCH smaller when new.

Sincerely,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(53 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98