Re: Trunnion re-assembly grease

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: Trunnion re-assembly grease
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:22:46 -0400
At 09:39 AM 8/17/98 +0000, James wrote:
>Went through the same question, coulden't find any zink based greese.  I
>think it's designed to corrode instead of your bolt, so what I descided
>was to re-grease it every year with lithium greese.

Same as James, I couldn't find a Zinc grease, apparently it's not a common
lubricant anymore.   So I used my favorite synthetic grease (Tribolube brand).

I'll let you know how it holds up, in twenty or thirty years.  :)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
(53 HP)

Succasunna, NJ USA

The One Immutable Rule of Automotive Satisfaction:
"It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow"
- Cory Farley in Autoweek, 8/17/98