Re: Trunnion re-assembly grease

To: td214@cus.cam.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Trunnion re-assembly grease
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:36:05 +0000
I can't remember my chemestry that well, so I could not say, but what
you need is a metal that will rust instead of the iron in the steel.  So
it has to have a bigger Hydrogen Cell voltage.  Here is where I need
someone with the relivent data books, and a better working knoladge of
chemistry.

I can't remember is copper is more reactive than iron, if it's not you
will find the iron will rust even more.
You need somthing like zink, because it's realy reactive, copper
probebly is not as good.  You might try alumium greese(make you own).
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot