Re: Spitfire Clutch Question

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Clutch Question
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:27:29 EDT
Shane,

When you said "it does not move at all" do you mean the clutch itself or the
pedal?  If you mean the pedal, I will have to defer to the wisdom of the list,
but if you mean that you push the pedal to the floor and nothing happens, then
I would start with rebuilding both cylinders.  It can be done pretty cheaply
and its not too hard.  And if it has been sitting for that long, it probably
needs it anyway.  When rebuilding make sure you check to see if there is any
damage to the cylinder walls and hone it out if needed.  Also, be careful
removing the end cap on the slave cylinder.  If you destroy it when taking it
off you will probably need to get a whole new cylinder.  The cap is not for
sale by itself.  I have been down that road.

Good luck,
David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500
Hawaii