Re: Upgrading Prop Shaft to O/D

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Upgrading Prop Shaft to O/D
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:49:52 -0700
Nominal* Spitfire propshaft lengths are:

up to 1974 (non-OD) 41.25"
up to 1974 (OD) 38"
1975 & later (non-OD) 38"
1975 & later (OD) 37"

*Nominal is a key point here.  Lengths can vary (especially the
later sliding-spline-baked-bean-tin unit) up to an inch ISTR.  I would
try to end up with yours being in the middle of it's telescopic range.
In any event 2.5 inches sounds like too much.

--
Bob Sykes

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
--Albert Einstein