oil pan gasket

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil pan gasket
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:32:36
Well I fixed my speedo cable yesterday, hopefully that will last longer
than the last one.  My next project is replacing the front seal the gasket
on the timing cover and the oil pan gasket.  I recieved the oil pan gasket
in the mail on friday and this is the skimpiest looking thing I have ever
seen.  It is basically pressed cardboard just a few millimeters in
thickness.  Is this right or I have a found VB's cheap alternative?  I am
really wanting to use some sealant.  What do you think.

Patrick Bowen