Re: Cockpit heat

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cockpit heat
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:16:47
Ryan, I seriously understand your sentiment.   I am interested in what you
find out.  I have contemplated some of the insulation that I see in VB and
the local Pep Boys but am afraid that would harbor moisture and promote
rust,  I am concerned about my engine bay, but I figure I can hide a lot
under carpet (when I actually ever put it in).  I know some manufactures
use (and I think I have seen it in J.C. whitney) a insulator that is based
on petroleum, or something, it is very similar to tar if you break it.
This helps prevent rust and is great for sound and vibration, I don't know
about heat?  any ideas.

Patrick Bowen