Re: OK, question from a relative newbie

To: robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com
Subject: Re: OK, question from a relative newbie
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:50:46 -0500
Bob,

This should be credited to Malcom Walker's FAQ page
(http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm). I simply have a
link to there. There is a link to a British-American/American-British
dictionary.

In the front of the Haynes Manual there is a "Use of English" page.

"trunnion" is not listed in either. Sorry. I'm not sure this requires a
translation though??? <laugh> I don't what the "trunnion" is, but it's
possible it's the same in either flavour/flavor of English.

(I looked up trunnion in my Vic Brit catalog: Page 124 - it's the pivot
hardware on the A-arm at the base of the front shock. *shrug* ;)

Either way, the two sources should be of help to you.

Vic M.

robert.perciaccante@pharma.novartis.com wrote:

> I have a question.
>
> Having worked on American cars all my life, and admittedly only really
> discussed cars with other Americans (before our British friends get upset,
> please read on), I am unfamiliar with a few terms used by people from the
> other side of the pond.  It took me a while to figure out what a "bonnet"
> was, but what is a trunion?  It that the same sort of deal, where Americans
> call it one thing and British call it another?
>
> I have to admit I feel pretty stupid asking this, because having totally
> stripped my Spit down, I have seen more of a Spit then a lot of long time
> Spit owners who have opted to not remove the shell from the frame, but I
> still don;t know the proper terminology...  Can anyone help?  I think Vic's
> page has the Glossary on it, but I don't remember there being a "trunion"
> listed...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob

Victor Michael                     |           vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer                   |         Voice (312) 214-2327
TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.      |         Pager (800) 759-8888
CTS, Chicago                       |                 Pin# 1583904