Re: OK, question from a relative newbie

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>,
Subject: Re: OK, question from a relative newbie
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:29:24
OK all A trunnion as described by Websters II New Riverside University
Dictionary.

trun.nion n. [fr. trognon, stump.] A pin or gudgeon, esp. either of two
small cylindrical projections on a cannon forming an axis on which it pivots.

simply said I think it means "pivot point"  A trunnion allows a suspinsion
to rotate in only one direction while a ball joint lets in move in 360
degrees.  Why do they use trunnions got me

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire