RE: Front End Rebuild

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front End Rebuild
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:58:38 -0600
Be sure to check for play at the steering rack coupling.  It can give a lot of
play and can be just a loose bolt.  The bolts may seem tight, but it the
steering shaft moves without moving the rack, tighten the bolts at the
coupling as much as you can using a hand wrench.  This was a significant
problem with mine and others on the list, even after a total rebuild of the
front end.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77' Spitfire 1500

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'