M/C rebuilds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: M/C rebuilds
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 19:30:38 -0800
Listers, on the thread from 2 days ago about soaking the rubber parts of
the brake system during a rebuild, the answer is what good or harm can
it do, none, but why soak them, if they swell, you sure better not use
them as they are not brake material rubber (chemist come in here), brake
parts cannot & should not swell from the fluid. If you want to see
something interesting, soak them in engine oil or tran. fluid (WOW), but
soak a regular rubber piece in oil or tran. fluid and nothing happens.
Brake parts do not swell from brake fluid and that is why there is Dot
3-4 & 5. Please chemical eng. & others associated with this field,
treat my kindly, I am not trying to get into your field.  "FT"