Re: Radios and Rear Camber

To: ctschmitz@west.raytheon.com
Subject: Re: Radios and Rear Camber
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:59:52 -0500

ctschmitz@west.raytheon.com wrote:

>      John wrote:
>

> >Moving the center of the spring "up" results in it's wheel ends moving "up" a
> >corresponding amount, resulting in negative camber.  I've seen pictures of a
> >SLAMMED Spit that was lowered in this manner, with the wheels sitting at what
> >had to be 60 degree angles.  Tough on tires, but I'm told it cornered like it
> >was on rails.
>
> As I sat here driving my desk and writing my original post I had to refer to
>my
> mental picture of the Spit suspension, and I'm still doing so.

Yeah, it took me a minute to get my head around it too the first time!  :^)

Basically, think of it this way..  The Diff hard mounts to the frame, the spring
hard mounts to the diff.  So by putting in a spacer there, you're effectively
raising the spring up into the frame, and the tires up into the wheel wells.
Works
like a sumbeech!

John