re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:59:51 EST
I am six feet tall, and I drive my Spitfire every day that it is not broken. I
have very long legs, and I weigh about 155 lbs, which makes me pretty skinny.
If I sit up really straight, as is required by my aching back, the top of my
head rests on the convertible top. I have the seat back all the way, but not
fukky reclined, and i am ok most of the time. However, it is not easy even
then to keep a constant throttle position, which results in acceleration and
deccelertion while cruising. It is kind of cool in a racy-car way, but gets
old after a while. Plus, the frame member which is convenient to place your
left foot upon is a little too close to be in a comfortable position. Around
town it is not so much of a problem, because until i get to 4th gear, I have
to floor it to go anywhere anyway. Oh yeah, because I am pretty narrow, I get
thrown around a lot on those slick vinyl seats while driving aggresively.

Kris Powell