Re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: How big fits in a Spitfire
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:38:07 -0000
>Brings back memories of that thread about sex in LBC's
I think that thread started as a thread talking about why one list members
car broke front vertical links on a regular basis. The conclusion of that
thread was "It's a matter of orientation".

Back to the subject of squeezing into a LBC Jonny from Bangor or Richard
Jackson did claim to have driven a Spitfire or Herald with 18 people in it.
All the seets had been removed, with softop removed and boot lid removed,
but all the same an achievement.

Anyway

A I read magazine article comparing Midget and Spitfire two anyway the
article author reviewer 6'3" chose the Spitfire while the editor short chap
chose the Midget. I personally thing the editor put the Midget bit in to
please the pompous MG lot, realising that if they made a firm decision it
would see a fall in sales. I could not accept this so I haven't brought the
magazine since:-)