It runs!

To: spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: It runs!
From: John Weber <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:50:48 -0800
Heyo!

OK..it runs.  Finally, and not well, but it is there!

Now, I can't seem to tune it to any type of spec.  If the throttle is
opened, it backfires.  If you ease the throttle open, it will
accelerate.

I haven't touched the timing, just the rebuild on the carb (cd150).

I know that the settings on the carb are not even what they should be.
The Weber Carb book, which has the ZS CD series in it, does not
specifically cover the CD150, but has a general section (Chapter 14).
The Haynes manual has some stuff, but I'd love to know the settings for
the mixture valve on the side (the one that says don't touch, of course
I did, it was filthy).  I'd also like to know the static settings for
the damper air valve slide up and down doohickey with the needle jet
that goes up and down with the special tool that I had to buy but can't
figure out exactly what is required to set the mixture et cetera.

Help?

John
'75 Spit up on jacks and getting very close