Re: Spitfire catalogs; was gripe about Vicky Brit

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire catalogs; was gripe about Vicky Brit
From: Ron Fowler <triumph@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:05:12 -0500
"Laura G." wrote:

> >If I only had a 1990 Catalog........  8^)
> >
> >Joe
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if TRF ever had a Spitfire catalog-or is it just one
> of those "urban legends"?
>
> Laura G. and Nigel

To all:

I am currently writing this from snowy Central Ohio and in my hands I am
currently holding the "Holy Grail of Spitfiredom" a TRF Spitfire 1500
Spare Parts Catalogue, 3rd Edition, 2nd Printing, July 1993!!  It is
probably the last printing that they have made of the catalogue and does
indeed have the artist rendition of an Inca Yellow Spitfire on the cover
- rather well done actually - nice details/drawings/info inside as well.

        1993 Edition notes from inside the cover:

"This catalogue is the third edition of The Roadster Factory's Spare
Parts Catalogue for the Spitfire 1500 model variations.  The first
edition was published in 1983 and many thousands of copies have been
distributed to enthusiasts since that time.  This edition has been
updated and revised by TRF Publications, and the cover illustration was
created by John Hastings.  TRF maintains the world's most comprehensive
inventory of Spitfire 1500 components, and the catalogue has grown over
the years to reflect this.  We hope that you will find it easy to use,
and we look forward to the opportunity to help you with your parts
needs."

Just had to send this info to you all with respect to the current thread
topic!  They do exist, however, I know that TRF has been out of them for
at least a year.  I recently requested the new edition that one of their
sale flyers advertised as being "ready" - of course, it is still at the
printer but should be delivered soon.  They are keeping a list of those
requesting it.

I would be very happy to "trade" this collector's item for.... let's
see... an '80 exhaust manifold without cracks!!!  They both have about
the same level of scarcity!!!

Regards,

Ron Fowler

1980 Inca Yellow Spitfire with Overdrive
CMAS and TRF Car Club Member

P.S. - I did receive TRF's Phase II - Winter Sale flyer today with the
Blue 1999 price list!