SPRING!!!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: SPRING!!!
From: "Larry Quirk" <quirk@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:01:26 -0700
Today as the thermometer crept above freezing and the deep heavy snow pack
started to melt, I ventured into the forbidden side of the garage for the
first time in 10 years.  There under a dusty cover sat the 80 Spitfire.
Determined not to be daunted by other less meaningful tasks -- I AM GOING TO
GET THIS SPIT ON THE ROAD FOR THIS SUMMER!!!!!

I will keep you posted of the progress as I apply the most deft of my
mechanical skills and bring life back to this all original (down to the
factory air still in the tires) beauty with only 25K  km.  on the clock.
Any bets on how many parts have weathered beyond use over the years of
extended storage and extreme temperature cycles (120F to -40F each year)???
Will the clutch disk be permanently corroded to the flywheel???  Will the
goo ever clean out of the gas tank???  Will oil gush out of every gasket??

How well were these Spits really built????

Now where did I leave all those manuals????

Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk
80 Spit (garage queen)
69 Spit (someday Spit-6)
70 GT6 (parts for Spit-6)