Re: soft-top replacement

To: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>, Mark Sinclair <msinclair@dis-inc.com>
Subject: Re: soft-top replacement
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:13:15
John the way I was taught to do it was to unsnap it completely pull it part
way back and pull the top away from the frame so it lays on the scuttle,
fold the frame down the whole way, then fold the top to the inside, and
fold the sides in neatly.  I think a lot of people simply cram it down in
there without much thought and end up folding the rear window in the
process, thus crimping and destroying it.

Patrick

At 10:47 PM 3/2/99 -0500, John Suchak wrote:
>This topic sort of gracefully segues to a question I've had on my mind
>recently, specifically what is the correct method for folding down the soft
>top on a later fixed style soft top?  I assume you remove all the snaps and
>just stuff it all down in the well?  Do you have to unzip the back window?
>What about the "sides"?  Fold them in?
>
>John
>

>Mark Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Hmm - summarizing the opinions of those replying to date (admittedly only
>> 3) seems to be that it could be done with some work but that the older
>> style removable top was actually preferred.
>> Sounds like a good plan to me.
>> Mark

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire