Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:11:23 -0800
I'm going to butt in here-

For me, a sports car is a two seater, manual transmission-and certainly not
much larger than a 512 BB (certainly one of the larger sports cars or
Ferrarris for that matter.) And with a lower ground clearance. That would
leave out Mustangs and any of the japanese so-called "sports coupes"/"sports
sedans" (an oxymoron if there ever was one!) Hey y'all! Just because it has
a manual transmission-doesn't make a Camry (et.al.) a "sports car"! (And I
do know people who will tell me that they have a sports car-a Sentra or
something-just because it has a stick! Puh-leese!)

Which brings us around to *gasp* the Saturn  _THREE_ door coupe! Excuse me-
but if it has _THREE_ doors (the third one not being a hatch back)--is it
_really_ a (by definition of the word) "coupe"?

O.K. I feel better, having gotten my little rant off!

At ease. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Laura G. and Nigel