"Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B. part 2

To: kthinc@dwx.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: "Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B. part 2
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:26:09 -0800 (PST)
Joe, Ken, all interested:

I just got done applying the new logo stickers. Ken is right, the
stickers turned out to be more like little vinyl letters with adhesive
on the back side to adhere them to the car. They are so thin air
bubbles really are not a problem. You peel the back (surface that
sticks to car) first. Then you position it as a single unit on the
car. The spacing from letter to letter is maintained by the front
waxpaper surface. It is fairly easy to reposition until you get it in
"just the right" position on the car, as long as you don't press it
down too firmly.

Once you are satisfied with the position, you press down hard working
from the inside out to avoid wrinkles. Finally, you remove the front
(top) side paper... leaving only the very thin vinyl letters behind.
There is no "sticker" between the letters to worry about air bubbles.

Vicky Brit (or the manufacturer) really should include some basic
directions with these things... It would have been nice to know I was
dealing with individual vinyl letters instead of what I believe was
one giant sticker. (Instead of having to figure it out by dismantling
half of the thing)

Both the hood and trunk logos came out looking good. My spitfire is
really starting to detail out well. The wheels, however, take away
from the overall appearance of the car. I still need to do something
with them. I have stock wheels (for the '77) and they are faded and
even a little rusty. All the sporty alternatives I've seen thus far
are rather pricey! Guess I could sandblast 'em down and prime and
paint and settle on that for the time being...

Thanks,
--Rick