Re: "Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B. part 2

To: "R. A. Woodward" <conn@wctc.net>
Subject: Re: "Spitfire 1500" hood/trunk stickers from V.B. part 2
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:33:08 -0500
At 08:54 PM 3/14/99 -0600, R. A. Woodward wrote:

>As long as we're on the subject, which color (black or silver) goes with
>which paint color. As I recall my Pageant Blue had silver letters, but how
>'bout my current Carmine Red?

My Carmine Red ( paint code 82) Spit still wears its "Aluminium" (British
spelling for Aluminum) letters. For anyone else following this thread, the
Bentley's manual specifies the following combos:

Leyland White           Black lettering
Vermillion              Black
Carmine         Aluminium
Brooklands Green        Aluminium
Russet Brown            Aluminium
Inca Yellow             Black
Pageant Blue            Aluminium

P.S. We had eight inches of snow here last night but I still got a
half-hour of top-down driving in!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

"It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey."
Drive a Spitfire!