Re: uprated suspension bushings

To: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Subject: Re: uprated suspension bushings
From: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:07:02 -0500
Bob,
You definitely want to go with the Polyurethane bushings.  They are much
better than the old rubber ones.  Be sure to use plenty of anti-seize,
otherwise they will squeak in cool weather.  Also, the old bushings may be
hard to get out.  I used a torch to melt them out.  It went much quicker.
Ray

At 10:28 PM -0500 3/14/99, bharris wrote:
>Hi All,
>       I am looking to replace my rubber bushings on the front end of my
>Spitfire and would like to go with a stiffer compound than the stock
>rubber.I remember reading some discussion on this subject,but did not
>take notes.I would like your opinion of the various choices (along with
>where to obtain them)I inquired at BPC and they couldn't help me.
>
>                                            Thanks in advance,
>                                             Bob Harris

Ray Bryant
Keller, Texas
'73 Spitfire 1500 (FM6879U), Daily driver
Red River Triumph Club http://www.imagin.net/~hensley/rrtc.html
Bryant Studios Photography http://www.flash.net/~photoray