Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: "Andrew Lindeman" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:43:26 -0800
Andy, Andy...

Some of these barely squeeze into the "sportscar" catagory-

240Z--yes

MR2-depends on which year-even then it's boarderline

newest Supras-No (Sorry)

300ZX-stopped being s sportscar around the time the 280 anniversary ed came
out.

Miata(!?!?!)-heaven's to betsey-you know what we say around here-it's for
people too cowardly to drive an MG or TR! For wannabes.

NSX-Yes! (In a ferrarri sort of way.)

I guess I'm just a purist in the most awful sort of way <G> (But, you're on
the right train of thought.)

Laura G. and Nigel

>When I say Japanese sports cars, I'm refering to sports cars.
>The 240Z, MR2, newest Supras, newest 300ZX, and even the Miata.  Not to
>mention the new Honda coming this fall.
>
>Andy L.
>
>Maybe I'll buy a NSX next...
>
>On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Laura G. wrote:
>

>> I'm going to butt in here-
>>
>> For me, a sports car is a two seater, manual transmission-and certainly
not
>> much larger than a 512 BB (certainly one of the larger sports cars or
>> Ferrarris for that matter.) And with a lower ground clearance. That would
>> leave out Mustangs and any of the japanese so-called "sports
coupes"/"sports
>> sedans" (an oxymoron if there ever was one!) Hey y'all! Just because it
has
>> a manual transmission-doesn't make a Camry (et.al.) a "sports car"! (And
>> do know people who will tell me that they have a sports car-a Sentra or
>> something-just because it has a stick! Puh-leese!)
>>
>> Which brings us around to *gasp* the Saturn  _THREE_ door coupe! Excuse
me-
>> but if it has _THREE_ doors (the third one not being a hatch back)--is it
>> _really_ a (by definition of the word) "coupe"?
>>
>> O.K. I feel better, having gotten my little rant off!
>>
>> At ease. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
>>
>> Laura G. and Nigel

April