RE: Exhaust secrets?

To: "'Kirk Crawford'" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Subject: RE: Exhaust secrets?
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:24:45 +0100
Remove the exhaust manifold from the head?  I thought this wasn't
possible unless you remove the head from the engine, because you can't
get to all the bolts - and the way to remove the head from the engine,
since the manifold won't come off, is to remove the exhaust pipe from
the manifold!  I may be wrong - it's 11pm now, and dark, so I'll have to
wait till tomorrow to check this out, but if you're right, I'll feel
really stupid!

As for the ratchet with no slack, or the air/electric ratchet, I like
these ideas, but they sound expensive.  Maybe I'll see if I can find
anyone with one I can borrow......  (anyone out there in the
London/Thames Valley area who could help???)

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Dean