Re: Rear spring sag??????

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear spring sag??????
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@cwix.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:32:43 -0400
A lot of times that type of sag can be fixed by removing the spring and
refitting an new center rubber pad and rubber buttons between leaves. The
rubber wears away more on the drivers side because of the additional weight
always riding on that side. The other thing to try after doing the above it
to swap the spring around when putting it back so any uneven wear in the
spring itself will eventually equal out.

Ralph Jannelli
'65 Spit MKII
'72 Spit MKIV
'80 TR8 DHC
President of Triumph Club of the Carolinas