Spit Longevity

Subject: Spit Longevity
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:01:21 -0400
...don't know where this thread started...
but who ever said Spits weren't reliable?

...my x (x2b) bought her '78 new in '78, and drove it for 14 years.
We sold it at 127K miles in 1992.
Man I think back now.... she should have kept it!
NOT ONCE in 14 years of YEAR ROUND DRIVING did it
ever leave her stranded anywhere.  Damn.. we even went
camping in it once. (hardtop on it, packed to look like a mini- station
 wagon, trunk packed like a large suitcase)
in the wetstern MD state forests, 40 miles off paved roads.

Only once... can I remember it ever overheating. That was at the
Cheasapeake Bay Bridge in heavy traffic in 102 degree weather.
waiting for the toll booth, I jumped out and used the remaining
water in the cooler to re-fill the radiator. We drove the rest of the
weekend without any problems. Baltimore to O.C. MD, to Cape
Henlopen De., and back to Baltimore.

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape
1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
email: wizardz@toad.net
http://www.teglerizer.com
Follow 'Projects' for MG and Triumph stuff)