Re: cooling system

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: cooling system
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:37:34 +0100
>From my school days I seem to remember that Skin is what's known as a
buffered.  i.e. it has a buffer that allows it to adsorbe lots of acid of
alcoline, but still stay at the same PH.  However doing this is not very
nice because you put the ions of the chemical into your skin.  Sulpher can
be adsorbed into the blood stream, people have been killed by things like
fluric acid.

As for the engin, the acid's going to make short work of your copper
radiator.  However filling the iron block should be resistant to ordinery
kettal descailer, to remove lime scale.  The acid that ant's produce (I
wan't know replys about getting ant's to nest in the waterways, it don't
work, I've tryed it:-)  Anyway, then once youve shifted the lime scail, you
need to shift the rust, and that hammerite cleaning fluid looks good.  Do
all this with the pump off the block, and somthing to keep the fluid level
up to the top of the pump water ports.

Not shure how this effects the head gasket, so have a replacement standing
by.

James