Re: Light Gaskets

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Light Gaskets
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 07:58:31 -0700
Seems like I recall somebody saying that because of the problem with
rubber drying out here in the desert, they found that if you soak those
"plinths" in mineral oil, it would renew the rubber.

Has anybody else heard that?  Better still, has anybody else "tried" it?

Joe

"Peter S." wrote:

> Actually I think this is a very suitable solution.  We're not talking
> Bugatti's and Ferrari's here folks.  The difference here is so subtle its
> well worth it Vs perhaps what you had, if anything.  Mine were good enough
> but looked dry and cracky so I painted them with bumper black flexible
> paint.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer