Re: Light Gaskets

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Light Gaskets
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:08:54 -0700
Jim,
To me at least the term "plinth" refers to a part (metal, rubber plastic
or ???) that provides a base on top of which another assembly is
mounted.  In this case, the plinth is rubber and is plainly visible when
the assembly is attached.  This is opposed to a gasket which is not
intended to be seen, but to provide a seal or cushion for something
mounted on top of it.

Joe