Re: Switching to DOT 5

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Switching to DOT 5
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:42:51 +0000

I stand corrected!  (Actually, I'm sitting, not standing.)

I wonder where I got my ideas from...... oh well, never mind.

              Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.

              From:  Barry Schwartz
              <bschwart@pacbell.net>
              07/01/2000 15:03

To:   Dean Dashwood/LON/ECT@ECT
cc:

Actually Dean, It's my understanding that DOT 5 (silicon) was "created" For
the military for just that purpose.  That is for vehicles sitting unused
for long periods then used, such as those stored by the military and then
needed for immediate use (we have a big storage facility here in San Diego,
no surprise huh, and these vehicles can sit for years with no use. :-})  At
any rate, this fluid is really designed for that type of use.  A lot of
motor homes and Hot rods are switching over for that very reason - I have
it in both my TR's and I love it, my daily driver has no soft pedal
problems (some have complained of a softer than DOT 3/4 feel) and the GT
which gets used a couple of times a month always has a firm pedal, and no
fuzzy accumulation around the fittings from extended non use.  - FWIW

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)