Re: Storing engine out of the car

To: "Kevin Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Storing engine out of the car
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:33:37 -0000
Hi Kevin and Listers

Pour a thick oil / rust preventer down the bores we use a product called
ensis at work
it is very thick but would probably run in if heated first. This may help
prevent electrolysis
/ corrosion in the bores and also stop the rings sticking.
Don't forget to re apply what ever you use yearly. Also don't forget to
flush it and refill
with new oil iff you intend to use it without a rebuild. You should try to
protect the water
jacket as well, not sure on that one, perhaps linking the top hose to the
bottom hose after
filling with anti freeze or corrosion inhibitor, cap or link the heater /
manifold pipes.

Graham