re: battery

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re: battery
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:09:39 EST
With no knowledge about the battery in question, I agree that if the bonnet
opens, the battery with a kill switch is rather useless.

Best anti theft (in my book): install an inline toggle switch in the hot lead
to your electric fuel pump (assuming you have one) and route it to a secret
place in the cockpit.  Turn switch off when you get out of the car.  Thief
gets a couple blocks away and the car dies and won't start again.  Thief
figures "it's a Triumph -- it'll take hours to fix" and walks home.

Scott (and Hobbs, who still has mechanical fuel pump and regular battery --
come 'n get it!)